November 19th marks Give to the Max Day in Minnesota but early giving begins November 1st. Every donation made throughout November enters the Foundation in a drawing to win a daily “Golden Ticket” worth $500. Every donation made on the 19th, enters us into the golden ticket drawing that takes place every 15 minutes that day!
With all the uncertainess of 2020, there has been one stable spot that has never wavered: our local healthcare. In 2020, they sent us home, stood their ground, changed how they work, answered questions & worked tirelessly to protect & inform their communities.
This Give to the Max season we are excited to kick off our Healthcare Employee Appreciation, Recognition and Thanks (H.E.A.R.T.) Grateful Patient Program. This is an opportunity for the public, patients, staff, friends or family to acknowledge the healthcare workers in our lives who have shown compassion, kindness, or went the extra mile. Healthcare workers come in all forms from Providers to Accountants, our technology or housekeeping crew to nursing and CNA’s.
If you welcomed new life this year and felt the anxiety of not having family there, but the room was full of familiar, smiling faces – that is local healthcare. If you faced a layoff and had to make a painful call to Patient Financial Services but were met with warmth and solutions on the other end of the line – that is local healthcare. Were you able to visit a resident of Fairway View in a safe and healthy manner? Did you ask a question and receive an immediate response? Maybe you came for a routine visit and, thanks to the housekeeping staff, you hardly noticed our remodeling project. That is local healthcare.
To nominate a healthcare worker for a H.E.A.R.T. award, click on the image above & share a brief description of who you chose to honor this Give to the Max Day. Your nomination along with a donation to the Foundation will tell our essential employees that their efforts are recognized and valued. These nominations will be listed in the Annual Legacy report as well as in social media.
Click on the Oak Tree logo below to check out this year’s Silent Auction! Auction will be live until September 12, 2020 at 12 p.m.
Contact Vanessa with questions: 320-839-4135
Thank you to our 2020 Gala Sponsors! Save the date: April 24th, 2021!
Dear Friends of the Big Stone Health Care Foundation,
After much deliberation and prayer, we have made the choice not to host the Gala this year.
We thank all sponsors, donors & friends who have made the Gala a success year after year. Sharing this special evening with all of you, celebrating healthcare and our amazing community is what we will miss the most. Your health care & maintenance are the priority and mission of this Foundation and unfortunately this year, that means social distancing.
Save the date for April 24th 2021 and join us for a time when we will return to our roots, celebrating a Friend-Raiser as the Gala was first intended so many years ago. We promise great entertainment, lots of laughs and the best speech from Dr. Bob to date (start planning Bob)!
We recognize that some of our donors may be experiencing difficult financial times and would like to request a refund of your ticket or sponsorship gift. To do so: please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 320-297-0904 (Vanessa cell). Refunds will be issued within 30 days. Those purchases that are not refunded will be considered a donation and will reflect on your end of year giving statement for 2020. They will not carry over to next year’s event. I ask you to consider making your ticket or sponsorship a gift to the Foundation’s endowment fund at a time when quality healthcare in our rural communities is imperative.
Beyond uniting friends, the Gala is a major fundraiser, taking in over $40,000 in 2019. That is a huge impact to our endowment fund. This fund recruits providers, pays for EMT and paramedic training, provides scholarships to students going into the healthcare field from our schools and helps with out of budget equipment purchases at our healthcare facilities, as well as so much more, all in aid of your local healthcare needs.
Now, more than ever, it is crucial that we sell out the Gala Raffle. Tickets are $20/ticket and the prize list is full of fun stuff to do (when Dr. Al says it is safe, of course!). Contact Vanessa or a committee member to purchase a ticket, we have online or mail in payment options. Drawing will be held June 13th in a Facebook Live event featuring Dr. Bob & Dr. Al!
Lastly, thank you to our committee, who made some really fun plans and worked so hard for this event. This is a fun group to work with, who get things done and make it all look easy. Amber Hasslen, Deb Barnhardt, Brianna Kirchberg, Caiti Conroy, Susie Harmening, Kelsie Thomas, Kristen Taffe, John Meyer, Kristine Meyer, Phyllis Barr, Russ Minahan, Melissa Sletten, Heather Tietjen, Kayla Teske.
Thank you for supporting your local healthcare!
Vanessa Lhotka-Meyer, Director Big Stone Health Care Foundation
2020 Gala Raffle Prize List
- $2,000 Cash (donated by NSMC Providers)
- $1,000 Cash (donated by OAHS Admin Team)
- 2 Tickets to Rolling Stones (TBD) + $100 Gift Card (donated by Transmed)
- 2 Tickets to Impractical Jokers Comedy Tour (July 19th, 2020) + Hotel Stay (donated by Marco Technologies) & Sioux Falls Area Gift Cards ($50 Carnival Brazilian Grill Gift Card – $25 Pepperjax Grill)
- 2 Tickets to MN Gophers vs. Florida Atlantic (9/3/20) + Hotel Stay (donated by Shared Medical Services)
- Twins Cities Tour Package (including 2 passes to Kerfoot Canopy Zipline Tour, St. Paul Saints Tickets & Hotel Stay)
- 4 SF Stampede tickets for 20-21 season
- 2 Passes to Science Museum of MN & Omnitheater film (expires 1/31/21)
- 2 passes to Nickelodeon Universe, Moose Mountain, and House of Comedy + MOA Coupon Book
- 1 Night stay at Grand Casino Mille Lacs + $30.00 gift card for and Food Venue (expires 12/30/20)
- 1 Night stay at Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort + 1 lunch buffet (expires 4/18/21)
- $50.00 Caseys Gift Card + 1 Large Pizza
- Dinner & Show for 2 at Chanhassen Dinner Theater (expires May 2021) (donated by Dr. & Mrs. RSR)
- Dinner & Show for 2 at Chanhassen Dinner Theater (expires May 2021)(donated by Dr. & Mrs. RSR)
- 2 Single Game Augustana 2020 Football Tickets + 2 Shirts
- 2 Tickets to the Guthrie Theater (expires 8/6/20)
Celebrating 30 years of strong Foundation!
Thank you to donors, volunteers & believers!
Click on the image above to learn more about the Oak Tree Classic and how you can get involved! See you September 7th 2019 on the course!
Additional 2019 Gala Sponsors:
- Grant/Roberts County Ambulance
- Bluestem Dental
- Big Stone Lake Area Chamber of Commerce
- Sioux Historic Pavilion
Image Posted on Updated on