Dear Friends of the Big Stone Health Care Foundation,
After much deliberation and prayer, we have made the choice not to host the Gala this year.
We thank all sponsors, donors & friends who have made the Gala a success year after year. Sharing this special evening with all of you, celebrating healthcare and our amazing community is what we will miss the most. Your health care & maintenance are the priority and mission of this Foundation and unfortunately this year, that means social distancing.
Save the date for April 24th 2021 and join us for a time when we will return to our roots, celebrating a Friend-Raiser as the Gala was first intended so many years ago. We promise great entertainment, lots of laughs and the best speech from Dr. Bob to date (start planning Bob)!
We recognize that some of our donors may be experiencing difficult financial times and would like to request a refund of your ticket or sponsorship gift. To do so: please email me at: email@example.com or call 320-297-0904 (Vanessa cell). Refunds will be issued within 30 days. Those purchases that are not refunded will be considered a donation and will reflect on your end of year giving statement for 2020. They will not carry over to next year’s event. I ask you to consider making your ticket or sponsorship a gift to the Foundation’s endowment fund at a time when quality healthcare in our rural communities is imperative.
Beyond uniting friends, the Gala is a major fundraiser, taking in over $40,000 in 2019. That is a huge impact to our endowment fund. This fund recruits providers, pays for EMT and paramedic training, provides scholarships to students going into the healthcare field from our schools and helps with out of budget equipment purchases at our healthcare facilities, as well as so much more, all in aid of your local healthcare needs.
Now, more than ever, it is crucial that we sell out the Gala Raffle. Tickets are $20/ticket and the prize list is full of fun stuff to do (when Dr. Al says it is safe, of course!). Contact Vanessa or a committee member to purchase a ticket, we have online or mail in payment options. Drawing will be held June 13th in a Facebook Live event featuring Dr. Bob & Dr. Al!
Lastly, thank you to our committee, who made some really fun plans and worked so hard for this event. This is a fun group to work with, who get things done and make it all look easy. Amber Hasslen, Deb Barnhardt, Brianna Kirchberg, Caiti Conroy, Susie Harmening, Kelsie Thomas, Kristen Taffe, John Meyer, Kristine Meyer, Phyllis Barr, Russ Minahan, Melissa Sletten, Heather Tietjen, Kayla Teske.
Thank you for supporting your local healthcare!
Vanessa Lhotka-Meyer, Director Big Stone Health Care Foundation
2020 Gala Raffle Prize List
- $2,000 Cash (donated by NSMC Providers)
- $1,000 Cash (donated by OAHS Admin Team)
- 2 Tickets to Rolling Stones (TBD) + $100 Gift Card (donated by Transmed)
- 2 Tickets to Impractical Jokers Comedy Tour (July 19th, 2020) + Hotel Stay (donated by Marco Technologies) & Sioux Falls Area Gift Cards ($50 Carnival Brazilian Grill Gift Card – $25 Pepperjax Grill)
- 2 Tickets to MN Gophers vs. Florida Atlantic (9/3/20) + Hotel Stay (donated by Shared Medical Services)
- Twins Cities Tour Package (including 2 passes to Kerfoot Canopy Zipline Tour, St. Paul Saints Tickets & Hotel Stay)
- 4 SF Stampede tickets for 20-21 season
- 2 Passes to Science Museum of MN & Omnitheater film (expires 1/31/21)
- 2 passes to Nickelodeon Universe, Moose Mountain, and House of Comedy + MOA Coupon Book
- 1 Night stay at Grand Casino Mille Lacs + $30.00 gift card for and Food Venue (expires 12/30/20)
- 1 Night stay at Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort + 1 lunch buffet (expires 4/18/21)
- $50.00 Caseys Gift Card + 1 Large Pizza
- Dinner & Show for 2 at Chanhassen Dinner Theater (expires May 2021) (donated by Dr. & Mrs. RSR)
- Dinner & Show for 2 at Chanhassen Dinner Theater (expires May 2021)(donated by Dr. & Mrs. RSR)
- 2 Single Game Augustana 2020 Football Tickets + 2 Shirts
- 2 Tickets to the Guthrie Theater (expires 8/6/20)
Celebrating 30 years of strong Foundation!
Thank you to donors, volunteers & believers!
Click on the image above to learn more about the Oak Tree Classic and how you can get involved! See you September 7th 2019 on the course!
Additional 2019 Gala Sponsors:
- Grant/Roberts County Ambulance
- Bluestem Dental
- Big Stone Lake Area Chamber of Commerce
- Sioux Historic Pavilion
Image Posted on Updated on